This tandoori Sea Bass Recipe is quick and easy!
I cook almost every meal that gets place on my family’s table. That doesn’t mean I’m always in the mood to cook. Sometimes after a hard day at work I just want the cooking process to be behind me so I can relax with a drink in front of the TV and put the stresses of the world behind me.
I’m sure I’m not the only one.
This is when Indian recipes like this quick and easy tandoori sea bass come in handy.
Anyone who reads my blog regularly will know that I spend a lot of time making chutneys, curry powders and pickles which I keep on hand for when I need them. I love doing this but also know that many people don’t.
This tandoori sea bass recipe could also be applied to other fish such as salmon, trout and bream.
If all you want to do is make a quick dinner, then by all means use off the shelf curry powder in this recipe. It won’t be quite as good as home-made but you will still love the end result.
From start to finish you could make this dinner in about fifteen minutes. Tandoori sea bass is also nice done on a BBQ.
- 1 - 2 sea bass per person.
- 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic - smashed and finely cut
- ½ inch ginger grated and finely cut
- 1 fresh green chilli finely cut
- 1 tablespoon tandoori powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped coriander and lemon wedges to garnish
- Preheat your oven grill to high.
- Make about four slits in each side of the fish as shown in the pictures.
- Now place the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, green chilli and tandoori powder in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Rub the fish inside and out with the tandoori yogurt mixture.
- When the oven is hot, place the fish on a rack at the top of the oven and grill for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish when it is cooked through and slightly blackened.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Or leave the salt out if like me what you like to taste and what the doctor says you should taste are two different things.
- You can serve tandoori sea bass with rice and a vegetable side dish like brinjal masala or just with a simple green salad. Delicious!