Pan seared scallops don’t get much better than this!
This is an quick and easy way to serve fresh scallops. Perhaps more importantly, this recipe also happens to be absolutely delicious. I love the combination of sweet queen scallops together with tangy flavour of lime and the bite of the chilli.
You could also use larger scallops with this recipe. Just slice them in half through the centre.
for Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Mac and PC right here!
|Pan Seared Scallops In A Lime, Coriander And Chilli Dressing|
- 16 fresh queen scallops
- 1 teaspoon garam masala – smoked Curry Guy garam masala or homemade
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 green chilli – finely chopped
- 1 shallot – finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (I used La Chinata which was really nice)
- Juice of two limes
- 125ml 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- I recommend making the coriander dressing first.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a blender except for the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Blend until very smooth and then transfer to a bowl.
- Now slowly drizzle the olive oils into the dressing while whisking continuously. The dressing will become thicker. We are aiming for a creamy dressing not thick like a mayonnaise.
- Season to taste and then set aside until ready to serve.
- Rinse the scallops and then wipe them dry.
- Marinate the scallops in the garam masala, garlic paste and one tablespoon of the olive oil for about ten minutes
- When ready to fry, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan.
- Throw the scallops in the hot oil and fry for about 30 seconds per side. Be careful not to over cook the scallops or they will become tough.
- Drizzle the coriander dressing over two warmed plates and set the scallops on top.
The scallops used in the pan seared scallop recipe were supplied by Delish Fish! Delish Fish delivers fresh seafood throughout the UK!