The Curry Guy smoky spice blends will be
available here from Mid-September!
|The Curry Guy’s Easy Lamb Tikka|
Recipe Type: Starter
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 – 6
I love cooking tandoori lamb tikka. Together with Besmoke Foods, I have written recipes for spice blends that will give you that same smoky flavour of the tandoor at home. This recipe could’t be easier and it’s so good!
- 1 boned leg of lamb cut into bite-sized pieces
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked tandoori masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 100ml yogurt
- CURRY GUY smoky spiced salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the meat and sprinkle with the salt.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients except for the spicy salt and pepper into a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste into the small bite-sized pieces of lamb and allow to marinate for 12 to 48 hours. The longer the better.
- When you are ready to cook, thread the meat pieces onto skewers and place under a hot grill or on a heated barbecue.
- Turn often until blackened on the outside and still a little pink on the inside.
- Serve with naans and a fresh green salad.