The Curry Guy’s smoky spice blends will be
available here from mid September!
The Curry Guy’s Easy Tandoori Chicken
Author: Dan Toombs
Recipe Type: Starter
This is a classic BIR (British Indian Restaurant) tandoori dish. Tandoori food gets it’s name from the tandoor ovens the food it cooked in. It gives off a lovely smoky flavour similar to that which you will get from The Curry Guy spice blends.
- 8 skinned chicken thighs and/or legs on the bone
- 100ml vinegar
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food colouring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked curry powder
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 1 teaspoon CURRY GUY cumin powder
- 200ml plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoon chopped coriander
- CURRY GUY spicy salt blend to taste
- Using a sharp knive, make three shallow slits in each chicken thigh.
- Rub the vinegar, lemon juice, food colouring (if using) and salt into the chicken. Set aside.
- Now make the marinade. Place the rest of the ingredients up to the Curry Guy spicy salt in a blender and blend to a paste.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade and allow to marinate for at least 3 hours or up to 48 hours. The longer the better.
- Place the chicken pieces under a hot grill leaving as much of the marinade on as you can. Turn the chicken regularly to avoid burning.
- The tandoori chicken is ready when the chicken is cooked through – about 30 minutes.