The smoky Curry Guy spice blends being produced by
Will be available here from mid-September!
The Curry Guy’s Easy Chicken Curry
Author: Dan Toombs
Recipe Type: Main Course
I have been making this recipe for years. Now with my new smoky spices it’s better than ever before.
- 4 chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 150g butter
- 1″ piece of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky curry powder
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky garam masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (or more) red chilli powder
- CURRY GUY smoked spicy salt and smoked black pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in the butter until they turn soft and light brown.
- Now add the ginger and garlic and fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Pour in the curry powder, garam masala, cumin powder, red chilli powder followed by the chicken pieces.
- Add just enough water or stock to make a thick gravy.
- Cover and gently simmer for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Be sure to check the curry regularly adding water if the sauce becomes too thick.