The new Curry Guy smoky spice blends will be available from mid September!
|The Curry Guy’s Easy Chicken Vindaloo|
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
I’m not a big fan of potatoes in my chicken vindaloo. That said, the rest of my family love them. Therefore, I offer you this smoky version of one of my favourite curries with the potato! Most of the ingredients can be found at Asian shops and nice supermarkets.
- 4 chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 3 onions sliced and diced
- 3 tomatoes – diced
- 6 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1″ ginger – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked curry powder
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked cumin powder
- 2 large potatoes – boiled until cooked through and then diced
- 150ml tamarind water or vinegar
- 4 fresh green chillies – finely chopped
- CURRY GUY smoked spicy salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter/olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions and fry for about ten minutes until the onions are translucent and lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and garlic followed by the tomatoes and allow to simmer for about ten minutes.
- Pour in the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the tamarind water/vinegar, the fresh green chillies and all of the other spices.
- Add the potatoes and cover to simmer for about 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Check the curry regularly and add water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the CURRY GUY spiced salt and black pepper.