The Curry Guy smoky spice blends will be
available from mid-September!
The Curry Guy’s Smokin Good Chicken Do-Piazza
Author: Dan Toombs
Recipe Type: Main
I have an outstanding version of this chicken do-piazza curry under restaurant style curries. This one is now my favourite though. The smoky CURRY GUY spices give it more depth and I love it! Chicken do-piazza is all about the onions. It’s the onions and the spices that make this dish. Cooking the curry in a low oven for at least four hours is essential for the best flavour. I think you’ll agree… it’s worth the wait.
- 4 chicken breast – cut into one inch pieces
- 150g butter
- 5 black cardamom pods or 10 green pods
- 2 onions – very finely chopped
- 1 onion – thinly sliced
- 7 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1″ ginger – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tomatoes – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked curry powder
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon CURRY GUY smoked cumin
- 400ml water (approximately)
- CURRY GUY smoked spicy salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c (300f)
- Melt the butter in a large oven-proof saucepan.
- Add the sliced onions and fry for about ten minutes until they are crispy and lightly browned. Remove from the butter and set aside.
- Now throw in the cardamom pods and the fennel seeds and let the butter take on their flavour for about 15 seconds.
- Pour in the finely chopped onions, ginger and garlic and then the curry powder, garam masala, chilli powder and cumin.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and water and bring to a bubble, then cover and place in the oven for about 4 hours. As it cooks, the flavour will become intense and absolutely amazing!
- Just before serving, top with the crispy browned onion slices and sprinkle with the Curry Guy smoked spiced salt and pepper to taste.