Chicken tikka is so nice with smoked spices!
My Curry Guy smoked spices will be available from Mid-September!
The Curry Guy's Easy Chicken Tikka
Author: Dan Toombs
Recipe Type: Starter, Main
Serves: 4 - 6
Chicken tikka is easy to make and it tastes great with my new smoky spices. The recipes for the unsmoked versions of these spice blends are on my site if you don't have them on hand. The secret to success is in using the best quality ingredients and allowing the chicken to marinate as long as possible up to 48 hours. Once the chicken is good and marinated, the final cooking time only takes about 15 minutes!
- 900g chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- Juice of three lemons
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 6 cloves garlic - smashed
- 1" piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves or ½ teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky tandoori masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky garam masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoky cumin powder
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- CURRY GUY smoky spiced salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken tikka pieces in a large bowl and coat with the lemon juice and salt.
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients in a blender except for the smoked spicy salt and pepper and blend to a smooth paste. Add a bit more yogurt if needed.
- Now cover the chicken in the marinade ensuring all of the pieces are coated and leave for 12 to 48 hours. The longer the better.
- Thread the chicken tikka onto skewers and place under a hot grill or over a hot BBQ for about 15 minutes - or until the chicken is cooked through. TURN FREQUENTLY.