I absolutely love smoked garam masala
Don’t worry if you don’t have the smoked garam masala. It will be available online from mid-September but normal garam masala can also be used. In fact, I’ve done so many times and it tastes great.
Today, however I’ve been experimenting with my new smoky spice range and I have to say… this hake was so good! It tasted as if it had been cooked over hot wood coals and the crispy crust was really nice too.
I served the fish with my warmed saffron vinegar dressing which really worked well. Here is the recipe if you’re feeling ambitious. It’s easy to make and tastes great.
You could also just squeeze a bit of lime juice over the top. This is of course much faster and equally as delicious.
My 174 page ebook is available now
for Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac and PC right here.
The smoked garam masala made the hake taste like
it had been cooked in a tandoor oven!
- 4 x 200g hake fillets
- 3 red chilli peppers
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic –
- Juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the hake in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender or spice grinder into a smooth paste.
- Pour the spice paste over the fish and allow to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- When hot, place the fish in the pan and brown on both side. This should only take about five minutes.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon or my saffron vinegar dressing.
Disclaimer:I would like to thank Delish Fish for supplying the hake for me to try with my smoked garam masala! I love their service!