The smoked spices give this fish the taste of the tandoor!
This is an easy recipe that can be made in minutes. I do like to marinate the fish for an hour or two but this is not necessary. For convenience, you could allow the fish to marinate for up to 24 hours.
As you can see from the picture, I served this in a pan fried chapati with salad and a yogurt raita and hot sauce. It was fantastic. for ease, you could just serve the fish on its own with a little rice or French bread.
The smoked spices give the fish a nice oak smoked flavour similar tandoori fish. I love it.
|A New Pan Fried Fish Recipe With Smoked Spices|
- 800g meaty white fish such as cod, haddock or coley
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- Juice of two limes
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon CURRY GUY smoked garam masala
- 1 teaspoon CURRY GUY smoked tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon CURRY GUY smoked cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- CURRY GUY smoked spicy salt to taste
- Place place on tablespoon of the vegetable oil along with all of the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Cover the fish and allow to marinade to 15 minutes to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, fry the fish with in fillets or bite sized chunks until just cooked through.
<strong>Disclaimer:</strong>The fish used in this recipe was supplied to me by Delish Fish and I highly recommend their service!
The CURRY GUY smoked spices used in this recipes can be purchased online at The Virtual Farmers Market.