This is an easy recipe that can be made in minutes. I do like to marinate the fish for an hour or two but this is not necessary. Twenty minutes in the marinade should do just fine.
As you can see from the picture, I served this in a pan fried chapati with salad, raita and hot sauce. It was fantastic. for ease, you could just serve the fish on its own with a little rice or French bread.
This is the perfect after work meal.
- 800g bite sized meaty white fish such as cod, haddock or coley
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoons garlic and ginger paste
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Flour for dusting
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place one tablespoon of vegetable oil along with all of the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Cover the fish and allow to marinade to 15 minutes to two hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, remove as much marinade as possible and dust with a little flour.
- Fry until just cooked through.