This is an easy version of this delicious and healthy Indian street food dish
I first tried this tasty Indian street food dish in my tandoori oven. I have to say it took some practice. The fish kept falling off the skewers before the outside got crispy and nice.
After a few goes and learning to put the skewers at just the right angle, I finally got it right.
This version is much easier. I cook the cod in the oven. No need for skewers! I use my own CURRY GUY smoked spices to give the fish that smoky flavour but you could also use another brand or make your own tandoori masala.
for Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Mac and PC right here!
When this is served as Indian street food, it is usually served with fresh naans or chapatis with lots of cold, fresh vegetables and a nice spicy raita.
|Indian Street Food – A Low Calorie Crispy Tandoori Cod|
- 4 x 200g Thick cut cod
- 250ml plain flour
- 2 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked tandoori masala
- 1 tablespoon CURRY GUY smoked cumin
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste or my CURRY GUY spicy salt
- 8 lime wedges.
- Preheat your oven to 150c
- Mix the flour with the tandoori masala and cumin.
- Dip each piece of cod into the beaten egg and then dust with the flour mixture.
- Set the fish pieces onto a baking tray and then press the bread crumbs equally over the top of the fish.
- Place the fish in the oven and allow to cook until the bread crumbs are toasted brown and the fish is just cooked through. About 30 minutes.
- Season with the spices salt and serve with the lime wedges.
The cod used in this Indian street food recipes was supplied by Delish Fish
I highly recommend the Delish Fish. Delish Fish deliver freshly caught and filleted fish to your door!