You’ve got to eat your veggies! They’re good for you.
This is a tasty way of serving these vegetables. Tandoori style veggies can be served as a side dish or you could add the vegetables to any of the restaurant style curries on my blog to make a vegetarian version of the curry.
The gram flour adds both flavour and it makes the marinade thicker which is really nice grilled.
You could also place the vegetables on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook them in a hot oven until lightly charred and cooked through. Personally though, I enjoy the smoky flavour that comes from cooking them over hot coals on skewers.
Pre-order and Reserve your copy of my Cookbook on Amazon UK!
For international orders, please check out The Book Depository and choose your currency.
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion – quartered
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Juice of on lemon
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Boil until 50% cooked. About a two or three minutes should do. Remove the vegetables from the water to cool.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients and place the broccoli and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl with the sliced onion and pour the marinade over it all. Stir so that all of the vegetables are equally coated.
- When ready to cook, prepare you barbecue grill. Skewer the vegetables and cook directly over the hot coals until cooked through.
- Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.