You can really make dosas anytime of day. This breakfast egg version is a real favourite around our house. It only takes minutes to make.
You will need to make the dosa batter first. I always have some on hand. It keeps in the fridge for about a week and you can even freeze it.
If you’re a dosa fan, be sure to watch my blog! I have so many new and exciting recipes for you. Dosas take a bit of practice but once you get them down, you’ll be making dosas regularly too. They are so addictive.
Pre-order and Reserve your copy of my Cookbook on Amazon UK!
For international orders, please check out The Book Depository and choose your currency.
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- ½ onion
- 1 batch dosa batter
- 2 eggs per dosa
- ½ teaspoon garam masala for every two eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion - finely chopped
- Heat your pan over medium heat. If using a temperature controlled pan, 180c should do the job. If not, your pan is ready when a few drops of water evaporate immediately on contact.
- Spread about one half teaspoon of oil over the top with the half onion.
- When your pan is up to heat, pour about 200ml (3/4 cup) of batter in the centre. Use the back of a ladle or a flat bottomed cup to spread the batter outward in a circular motion until you have a thin dosa.
- Beat the eggs and add the garam masala and salt and pepper to taste. Spread this mixture over the dosa. It will cook on top of the hot dosa.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the top with finely chopped red onion.
- When the dosa begins to break away at the edges, drizzle about ½ teaspoon of oil around the circumference. This will made the edges nice and crispy.
- When the dosa is browned on the bottom, fold it into a tube shape or simply fold the dosa in half to serve.
I would like to thank my friends at Home Chef from Nisbets for sending me the large Buffalo crepe maker. I highly recommend it. You can get more information here.