I made this soup for the first time when I was in one of my experimenting moods. I looked around the house and saw a few things lying around that looked good and in they went into the soup.
All of the ingredients are easily sourced and no special spices are required. It is so good topped with the spicy lime and chilli yoghurt.
You can literally make this soup in under 20 minutes. It’s the perfect after work dinner that is both filling and delicious.
Pre-order and Reserve your copy of my Cookbook on Amazon UK!
For international orders, please check out The Book Depository and choose your currency.
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 3 leeks - white parts only - finely sliced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - smashed
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 3 cooking apples - cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 3 x 400g tins of chickpeas
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 200ml coconut cream
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml plain natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite hot sauce
- Juice of two limes
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- Coriander for garnish
- Fry the apples until soft and light brown in colour in the oil and then add the leeks and onion.
- Continue cooking until the leeks and onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute or so and then stir in the cumin powder.
- Pour in the chickpeas, tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Then add the coconut cream and blend the soup until it is super smooth.
- Add the chicken and simmer until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Blend the yoghurt, hot sauce and lime juice together and the add salt to taste.
- To serve, pour the soup into heated soup bowls, garnish with the fresh coriander and drizzle with the yoghurt sauce.
Aldi UK is a sponsor of my blog. I picked up all the ingredients for this tasty but simple soup at my local Aldi. You are going to love this recipe!