This is such an easy dish to prepare. It may be simple but it is so good. Although you could use raw lamb and cook it longer, this is one you should start with pre-cooked lamb. Any pre-cooked lamb will do. You could use left over leg of lamb from Sunday dinner for example.
This recipe is just one of over 100 new easy, curry house style recipes that are featured in my new cookbook, “The Curry Guy Easy”.
- 2 - 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 - 3 green chillies - cut into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
- 10 curry leaves
- 500g (1lb) cooked lamb leg or shoulder - cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, garam masala or mixed powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Juice of one lemon
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. When visibly hot, add the onion and fry for about five minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the green chillies, garlic and ginger paste and curry leaves (optional) and fry for a further 30 seconds before adding the cooked lamb.
- Stir this well and ad the dry spices. Fry until the meat is crispy on the outside and then add the soy sauce and salt to taste. Remember, the soy sauce is already quite salty so taste before adding more salt.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the top and garnish with fresh coriander to serve.