Green chillies stuffed with spiced gram flour!? You’re just going to have to trust me here if you don’t already know how good these are. These stuffed chillies make the perfect appetizer but they are also delicious as a pizza topping. See my coriander pesto pizza on page xx. You are in for a treat with this one.
Pre-Order Now on Amazon!
- 125ml (1/2 cup) rapeseed oil
- 100g gram flour
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 70ml water
- Salt to taste ( I use just under one teaspoon)
- 350g long green chillies
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan. Pour in the flour and work it with a whisk or for in the pan so that it toastes evenly. The flour is ready when fragrant and lightly browned. Add theturmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, mango powder and salt and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the water and work with your hands into a thick paste. Slit your green chillies down the middle and remove most of the seeds with your thumb. Then stuff the chillies with the gram flour paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the chillies and fry until they are soft and begin to change colour. You should see a few blackened spots and blisters on the chillies. Serve immediately on their own or with a good raita or coconut chutney.