Bhel puri just plain gets it. I’ve had it a lot here in the UK at restaurants but really fell for the stuff on a recent trip to Mumbai. There, it’s served as street food and it’s so good. This recipe tastes just like what I got there. You really can’t go wrong with this one. Use my ingredient suggestions but feel free to add whatever you want.
International & UK Orders
- 100g (5 cups) Puffed Rice (Kurmure)
- 1 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 3 green chillies – finely chopped
- 1 potato, boiled & diced
- 125ml ( ½ cup) homemade mint & coriander sauce or shop bought
- 6 tbsp. Homemad tamarind sauce or shop bought
- 20g ( ½ cup ) fine sev
- 5 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 5 tablespoons Bombay mix (optional)
- 5 papdi or another crispy bisquit broken into pieces (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- It a large bowl, mix the puffed rice, onion, green chillies and potato together well. Add the mint and coriander sauce along with the tamarind sauce. Try to coat all of the rice with the sauces. Now stir in the remaining ingredients and serve.