I’ve been spending a lot of time over on Google Plus lately. I love it because I’ve been able to meet so many outstanding food bloggers a lot easier than on the other social networks.
Anyway, one blog that I’ve had my eye on for a while is written by Soni Sinha. Her recipes all look gorgeous. This roasted garam masala broccoli recipe is based on one of hers. You can see her version here.
I made this for my family last night and they all loved it. I’m sure we’ll be enjoying the recipe now for many years to come. I did use my own brand of smoked garam masala but you could use any good quality garam masala or curry powder.
I also added plenty of garlic which I love.
I hope you get a chance to check out more of Soni’s recipes. You’ll be glad you did. Her food photography will make you want to try every one of her recipes.
- 1 head of broccoli – Florets sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons garam masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200c (400f)
- In a large bowl, coat the broccoli florets evenly with the olive oil, garlic and ginger paste and the garam masala.
- Place the floret slices on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the over for 10 to 15 minutes. Baking times may vary but the broccoli is ready with the floret ends blacken slightly and become crispy.